Friday, 9 October 2026

Settlers or Town Militia

Settlers or Town Militia

More excellently detailed figures from Newline Designs, this time Boer infantry - pack BOR01 as soon as I saw these I could see an alternate use for them as armed towns folk or border settlers from my Mexican Revolution project. 

Obviously they make great Boers, but I can see these as African or South American explorers; or dinosaur hunters or civilian militia caught up in the Boxer Rebellion in Peking, very useful and versatile!

 There was a little flash, but nothing excessive. They are full of character and paint up really easy, I`ve tried to mix colours to give them a very un-military appearance. I`m really pleased how they turned out. 











 

4 comments:

  1. As you mentioned, they do seem a rather versatile bunch. You’ve done a nice job painting’em too 👏👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff, I`m pretty pleased with how they came out.

      Delete
  2. Nice work and they do look really handy figures for various settings, always nice to find figures like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donnie, As soon as I saw these on his trade stand I knew they were a must own and bought them (I`m normally more restrained). Nice poses, a fare level of detail and easy to paint - what`s not to like.

      Delete