Hills and Rocks
To break up open ground and make the tabletop look a little more interesting.
All created using bits I`ve found - pine bark & insulation foam glued onto hardboard and then sanded. I`ve added various lichen and flock and some spigs of plastic foliage which you can buy at DIY or cheap craft shops.
It comes in strips like this:
Pine bark
Insulation foam
I made this one at the end of last year, but finished it off with flock and foliage today
Playing with the camera, figures for scale















The pine bark looks great, the insulation foam less so (it looks very “solid” and slab like, whereas the pine bark is much more realistic). Still, plenty of terrain to block line-of-sight is always good, even if it does give something for the enemy to hide behind - darn those pesky varmints 😉
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Geoff
Both my wife and youngest were impressed by the bark, it looks like real rock in 20mm. As for the other bits, well I`ve seen (and own) worse on a tabletop, odd outcrops are a thing, shape & construction differs by strata and rock formation, these could well be sandstone rather than granite. Anyhow, these were cheap as chips and will fill open areas on my tabletop.
Delete