Monday 21 June 2021

Confiscated Tow

 Confiscated tow

Any transport is better than none

My Volksgrenadiers needed a tow for their 150mm SIG. There had been some discussions over on FB about Germans using Fire engines as transport in and around Arnhem - so I thought lets do something different

Started out as a much abused Lledo "Days Gone" di-cast (no ladder, only 2 tyres and damaged paintwork) Like this but imagine worse wear

  
I re-painted it, added a ladder, some mixed stowage and a crew selected from all over the shop and it now looks like this:








here is how it will look towing the SIG





6 comments:

  1. Very kind, I`m quite pleased with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the opening scene in A Bridge to Far with the Germans retreating using a fire-truck as transport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was quite a discussion about fire engines used as transports at Arnhem, then I spotted this unloved on a flea market stall :) It fits in quite nicely with my rag tag VG regimental transport pool.

      Delete
  3. Really like that Richard- great work.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete I`m very happy how it came out.

      Delete