Monday 11 March 2024

More 28mm Rif War

28mm Rif War

Another small batch of wonderful Baraka Miniatures 28mm Rif War figures. 

I really struggle with 28mm I just don`t have the eye or brush control and I`m just sorry my painting cannot do them justice

Pack Mule and handler



Spanish Foreign Legion 1909 Hotchkiss LMG team 




Infantry machine gun ammo bearer

This figure is part of the Spanish infantry MMG team, he carries a box of ammo for a Colt 1915 "Digger" MMG. He is my first attempt at painting traditional Spanish straw sandals (Alpargatas in Spanish, Espadrilles in Valencian), I am reliably informed they were almost always worn without socks (calcetines) or cloth wraps except in times of extreme cold - Spanish Machismo!!







8 comments:

  1. We all wish we could be great at all parts of our hobby but it's my experience that no one is great at everything. Your figures easily pass the three-foot rule. As for painting you may wish to look at the army painter speed paint line. Those paints make everyone's painting look better if applied per instructions they automatically shade and suggest texture. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will take a look at Army Painter - though I`m not sure about a supplier here in Spain.

      Delete
  2. The figures do look lovely. I always imagined everyone would be covered in dust in the Rif - am I wrong?
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Northern Morocco is very mountainous and can be cold and wet! Large forested areas also, the deserty regions are further south, but the Rif can be very hot and dry in summer months. One of the major failings in the Spanish strategy was lack of water sources which made their outposts and blockhouses very vulnerable to being isolated.

      Delete
  3. Your figures are looking good. The mule base looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete, I did put a little effort into the basing this time :)

      Delete
  4. What a great horse and handler combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baraka do two sets with differently posed mules/handlers - they are very nice, I knew i had to buy one :)

      Delete