Monday 18 June 2012

About me

My name is Richard Baber, I have been playing with soldiers as long as I can remember, my Mum still digs up Airfix plastics in her garden which have probably laid hidden there since the early 1970s :-)

My first brush with proper wargaming came in about `76 when I discovered Charles Grant, Terry Wise and Donald Featherstone books in Tonypandy library. These books had a huge influence on my "hobby" and still do, Charles Grant`s "Battle" rules are still my rules of choice some 36yrs later.

I`ve been lucky enough to have articles and scenarios published in a number of the proffessional wargames magaines (more on this later) and around October 2005 I have been the editor for the Society of Twentieth Century Wargamers (SOTCW) magazine - The Journal. If you are unfamilar with the magazine of this excellent society check out their website - http://www.sotcw.co.uk/

Spanish BMR600 - model by S&S Models, with added stowage/racks and hand painted decals

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, I'm looking forward to more posts

    All the best

    Will

    ReplyDelete