New Scenario posted online
A short skirmish scenario I wrote has been published online by the SOTCW.
The scenario concerns the famed Spanish Blue Division in Russia
Airfix gun Emplacment
Now I had none of the bunkers or the gun, so had to build some.
This has taken about two weeks all told, with a break for the Warhawk during drying time.
Roughly a 14" x 14" square, the central construction was one of those vac-u-form bases you used to get in battle-sets from Esci (El Alamein in this case). I plastered up the edges and did any repairs required, then rough painted with cheap acrylics, added some sand bags and log barricades and lots of various flock and foliage. One thing I have learned is I need to buy a better spray glue - d`oh!
Not a masterpiece but functional.
A few images with the outpost manned by my Volksgrenadiers
Cheap model from Mister Craft, not brilliant but OK (my model making and painting isn`t the best either)
The decals were awful, I managed to salvage enough to make do.
The aircraft represents one from 64th Fighter Squadron which served over Tunisia and Sicily after being flown into NA from carriers during Operation Torch
The Churchill NA75
During the fighting in
This problem deeply worried Captain P.H. Morrell who
was at the time attached to 16 Base Workshop REME employed scrapping wrecks after
the fall of
Upon arrival in
As you all know by now Bill Krieg was kind enough to send me a box of part-built, semi scrap and broken kits.
Well among them was a venerable Airfix Churchill, among other issues was a lack of gun mantlet, I decided this was a opportunity to try and build a Churchill NA75. Now the Airfix Churchill hull/tracks is OK, and after some major stripping and rebuilding looked passable, but every image I`ve seen of an NA75 has had parts of the track covers removed (I guess to allow for quicker maintenance in the muddy conditions of Italy). So rather than taken a razor-saw to what was already a patched up plastic hull, I came up the idea of switching hulls/turrets with a Britannia Mk IV (which is modelled with the track guards removed).
Now scale/size between the two models may have been an issue, but on closer inspection - they were pretty close.
The finished NA75
she won`t win any modeling awards, but I`m quite pleased with it