Saturday 5 November 2022

American transport

 Rear Echelon bits n`bobs

Honestly I have almost everything I could ever possibly need. 

But there is always something that you see and think I`d like one of those for my table (even though it is pointless gamewise). 

Dodge 3/4 tonne Ambulance by S&S Models

2-piece Resin body with white metal parts, a little flash and some holes in the resin which needed filling, but went together well enough. I`m not happy with the decals (I have no idea where i got them) but hey ho at 4ft across a table it looks like an ambulance.



As she would appear on a tabletop

US Generator trailer
Again S&S Models Mostly white metal with a resin generator, easy build

Paired here with the radio truck from Raventhopre i did last month

Rescues from the scrap pile

Unoccupied Jeeps are quite useful as you often see them scattered about rear areas in newsreels and movies. I also find them good to replace destroyed (crewed) Jeeps during a game, so as I was digging through my scrap pile I found two more, which i then refurbished.
 
Di-cast Jeep from Blue Box, new wheels from the bits box and a repaint


A 30+ yr old Fujimi Jeep which was literally smashed to bits



A Hasawaga 1/4 tonne trailer given a new lease of life with a set of Airfix soft plastic wheels and some stowage

Paired with the Fujimi Jeep above



 








8 comments:

  1. OOH.. ! I see a casualty station in the rear echelon, that needs saving (or casualties moved) before an enemy break through reaches the station... And some lovely pieces for a convoy that's escaping a raid or ambush... lovely pieces, with successful rescue work. Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided a needed some unoccupied Jeeps and vehicles to stand around US rear areas, so I didn`t do crews for these. I`ve been thinking about an ambulance for ages, this does the job.

      Delete
    2. A desperate last stand as the wounded hold off so that the litter case's can make it to safety

      Delete
    3. Could be, anyway aid stations should be present if only for the morale of your troops :)

      Delete
  2. The entire dressing station looks nice to me, very good figure poses. Regards, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Richard.

    That aid station is really nice.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete, the ambulance really finishes it off I think

      Delete