Wednesday 2 February 2022

P47 Thunderbolt

 P47 Thunderbolt

Air support for my NWE yanks or Free French

This a Revell kit which I must say didn`t go together as well as I would have hoped, there was considerable flash particularly on the smaller pieces which of course were harder to clean! The instructions were nice and clear and the decal sheet excellent - though I didn`t bother with the interior gauges - why would you??

I`ve gone for the simple aluminium finish you often see on P47 with just a touch of colour on the nose and tail. I added a pilot and bombs instead of the drop tanks or rockets which came with the kit.

As you can see I`ve been working outside again today










4 comments:

  1. Lovely finish, Richard. "Working outside again"..... mmm!!!
    Lovely for those who can. Its a bit chilly here in North Yorkshire for outside working!! Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temperature is actually climbing, they are predicting 25+ for the next few days.

      Delete
  2. I like what you've done with that. Got a nice finish with it.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete
      Two coats of cheap spray paint (Aluminium over chrome), I am quite pleased with the results :)

      Delete