Friday 1 April 2022

CTV armour

 The armoured might of the CTV

I`ve been planning a couple of SCW scenarios using the CTV (Corpo Truppe Volontarie) as the Rebel side for a nice change of pace. Now I`m planning (and I make no apologies for this) using my WW2 Italian infantry and support for the bulk of these but I did lack suitable early Italian armour, so here it is:

First up a smashing Lancia IZM armoured car from Raventhorpe 



Three CV-33 from Early War Miniatures - these their new "supercast" plastic/resin ones with just the MGs being white metal 





CV-33 flame-thrower 
Again Early War Miniatures, but this kit is all white metal


A pic showing the CV33 with the flame jet marker I made - looks the part I think 

  All together










4 comments:

  1. Those are great Richard- low quality armour has its own charm, the armoured cars especially so.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something a little different (for me), As crap as they are, they should prove a tough opposition for my Republican militia!!

      But it will be nice to see a different enemy on the tabletop

      Delete
  2. Nice guide here for the CTV for when I start mine. S-models make some nice italian CV-33 in both versions if you want some of them erhh... even lighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks João, I did look at S-Models when I was planning these, but I wanted some figures from EWM (the new Circassians), so went for theirs to bulk up the order and make it worthwhile - I highly doubt I`ll ever need anymore :)

      Delete