Saturday 31 December 2022

Plans for 2023

 Plans for 2023

As some of you might know I`m not your usual wargamer/collector. I tend to be very disciplined and organised with my hobby, I don`t buy on impulse and have never owned a huge stash. 

Now during 2022 I planned to run one game a month and have suceeded which was very satisfying.

November was a very productive month for writing and I actually created no less than Nine (9) tabletop games plus I have another one with the historic background done, which is pretty good, so I`ll continue with this through next year.

One of my plans for next year is to expand my Mexican Revolution era scenarios to include cross-border incidents into the US proper. That nice man Alan Hamilton has sold me a considerable number of plastic cowboys and indians, so painting and organizing these into Apaches/Yaqui and US towns folk will be a major task. I already have some more 1916 era US Cavalry in Montana cap, Villaistas and cowboys from Raventhorpe, Shellhole Scenics and others to add to the forces I already have also.

I`ve also decided to create a battalion of Republican People`s Army as these were by far the most common units employed on all fronts fighting Franco`s rebels from 1937.

That should keep me busy 😂

6 comments:

  1. Excellent I will look forward to following your progress during the year. I am slowly coming round to your way of thinking. I have so many projects that will probably never see the light of day that 2023 will be the clear out year and I shall refocus my efforts on a much smaller list of projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I try to be focused, that does allow me to be more productive.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to see your Republican People's Army, a unit most suited to conversions. Good luck with THE PLAN, and 2023 at that. Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pat, all the best to you and yours also :) Irregular Miniatures have supplied me with the bulk of what I need for my republican plan, though I may have to get creative for support weapons and crews.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, Richard. All the best to you and yours. May your hobby plans be successful. I shall enjoy reading about your games and units. Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carl, all the best to you and yours for 2023 :) Slow start this year as we still have our Chris our here with us and are still doing family stuff. But then I`m retired no need to rush :)

      Delete