Friday 10 March 2023

Mexican figure size comparison

 Mexican figure size comparison

I was asked about the comparison in sizes between different ranges so took a couple of quick photos, what we as wargamers do have to remember is that humans do differ in height/weight/stature/posture, so a little variation isn`t really a bad thing.

L to R: Raventhorpe, Jacklex, EWM, Shellhole Scenics

L to R; Jacklex, Airfix Confederate, Raventhorpe, Minairons SCW Miliciana

L to R: Jacklex, EWM, Irregular Miniatures, Raventhorpe


6 comments:

  1. They look fine together as a group. I just bought 8 more jacklex mexicans too.I will add these for variation..Good deal.. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate my forces to have that cloned look, I`m always tinkering.

      Delete
  2. Great comparison, Richard. Definitely on a roll with your Mexicans this week. Is it something in the sunshine in Spain? Carl (jealous as its cold here, mind my brother in Tarragona reminded me it gets cold there too... after sundown!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice an warm here at present, been working in the garden most days between our Spanish lessons. I only have two main projects this year - Mexico and then building a Spanish Republican Army Battalion, at the moment Mexico is just more fun. I have another game set-up in the basement, but have been a little down this last week and can`t seem to focus. I may push myself and run it over the weekend assuming we don`t get too much homework.

      Delete
  3. I am with you Richard I don't mind mixing in ranges as very often continuity of basing covers any size variances.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Consitancy in the basing and painting quality does allow you mix n`match different ranges (within reason), some ranges are just too small (1/76th scale like SHQ) to mix with big guys (1/72nd scale Raventhorpe or Jacklex) but hey ho, that you have to decide whether to use them or not.

      Delete