Since we`ve lived here I now have a basic workshop set-up with tools to hand and room to work, so it occurred to me I could modify this fencing into something more in scale for my 20mm armies and games; so out came the hacksaw and zip zip, I cut each piece in half. This seemed to work quite well and also created double the amount of fencing.
Then I made a couple of broken sections, assembled the gate and made another using matchsticks and a white metal gate (also from S&S), then I based and undercoated everything.
Finally then painted and flocked - job done.
I`ve experimented with a variety of flock, lichen and modelling tree bits.