Thursday 13 April 2023

Fencing

Fencing

Ages back, before we moved out here to Spain, I bought a pile of 28mm wooden fencing from those fine gentlemen at S&S Models. At the time I had a plan to use to around a French provincial garage that I was planning, but frankly it wasn`t what I wanted for that project, so jiffy bag sat in a drawer until a few weeks back gathering dust (sorry guys).

The original 28mm fencing with a 20mm figure for scale

Since we`ve lived here I now have a basic workshop set-up with tools to hand and room to work, so it occurred to me I could modify this fencing into something more in scale for my 20mm armies and games; so out came the hacksaw and zip zip, I cut each piece in half. This seemed to work quite well and also created double the amount of fencing. 

Then I made a couple of broken sections, assembled the gate and made another using matchsticks and a white metal gate (also from S&S), then I based and undercoated everything.










This metal gate is also S&S Models


Finally then painted and flocked - job done. 

I`ve experimented with a variety of flock, lichen and modelling tree bits.







A few shots with figures and models to show scale
A Britannia Stug
Various Germans
S&S Models Sdkfz10/4






6 comments:

  1. Great work Richard. I always find making terrain the most satisfying of craft activities.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete, took me a while to work out how, I am enjoying playing about :)

      Delete
  2. YES, GREAT work. I must send / bring you a flat brush and introduce you to dry brushing as a lighter coat would bring out more detail and given it that worn or delapidated look!! ;) Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha - you would think after 40+ yrs my painting may improve - but I don`t think it does, I just plod along :)

      Delete
  3. Your painting is fine. I am just throwing in ideas.... Carl

    ReplyDelete