Thursday 24 August 2023

Yaqui

 Yaqui

I finally got off my arse and forced myself to pick up a paint brush. It`s been quite hot out here, but we`ve also had the boys out with us and I don`t do hobby stuff when we have people visiting.  

This batch of Yaqui were undercoated way back in June, all by Shellhole Scenics.

Drummers to go with the war-drum I did way back in May

https://baberonwargames.blogspot.com/2023/05/yaquiapache-camp.html

Pictured with the drum

12 warriors with mixed weapons - bows or rifles




The war-drum came with 4 drummers and frankly I can`t see it ever appearing on a tabletop much, so i chose to arm swap two of the drummers (I also added slung rifles) to create another two warriors

All 14 warriors together








 

4 comments:

  1. Well done Richard. Good group of figures with varied poses. Ian / Shellhole Mexican Revolution range is really good. My only attempt to paint figures in Spain was on a holiday in August in the foothills of the mountains (Sierra de Mijas?) near Alhaurin el Grande, must have been 2001, or a bit later. We had an apartment in old farm house and had plans to walk, read, paint and relax. But even up in mountains it was too hot by day for most of these plans! The acrylic paint dried on my brush (sat in shade out doors) before I could get it on any figures!! (Hard plastic ancients by Rospaks, I think.) But it was a good holiday on the relaxation front and we got to see Granada & Ronda. So you are doing well to get any painting done in August in southern Spain!! Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andalusia is usually several degrees hotter than Valencia, I`m doing very small batches and only short bursts, mostly working indoors under a fan (or even with the aircon on full blast). Taking it easy this year, no need to rush.

      Delete