British Engineers & mechanics
I found myself needing some British engineers for mine clearance, etc for an upcoming group of games set in Italy. As it happens those stalwart guys at S&S Models released a 6-figure set.
Always enjoy creating rear echelon and non-combat units for my wargames forces and S&S also produced this 8-figure set of mechanics
The set also comes with these tools and supplies










You really are thorough, aren’t you? 😉
ReplyDeleteI imagine the mechanics would probably feel relatively safe “behind the lines”, whereas the engineers will be much closer to the danger.
Cheers,
Geoff
Yes, you are probably right, but I have a fitter`s halftrack coming from Raventhorpe to go with the mechanics :)
DeleteOnce it arrives and painted, I may have to write a German counter-attack game where a British HQ/rear area is under threat :)
DeleteNice figures and a cracking job on them, useful figures,
ReplyDeleteThanks, the faces are very nicely sculpted, I may have to write a scenario where the mechanics feature :)
DeleteThey look excellent. Such 'extras' are always a good feature on the tabletop.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Thanks, sometimes you just have buy and paint stuff just for fun.
DeleteIve got plenty of engineers but no mechanics.I need to get some! I'm intrigued by the concept of. a fitters halftrack though. Presumably it has some winches or something?
ReplyDeleteHi Martin, to be 100% honest i only bought the mechanics to round out an order to S&S, but I`m pretty pleased with them. as for the fitter half-track, if you cut/paste this into your browser it will take you to it on the Ready-to-Roll vehicle range - https://www.rapid-fire-uk.com/product/repair-half-track-unit-fitters-with-jib/
Delete