Friday 8 July 2022

French civilian petrol tanker

 French Civilian Petrol Tanker

Slow start due to a wedding back in the UK

This started out looking like this a gift off that nice man Bill Krieg  👍 


After some brief internet digging, I found a couple of image of French 1930s era civilian petrol tankers in green with whitewall tires, so this is my impression - Not the greatest painting in the world, but looks OK 4ft across a table-top - I added some suitable decals I found on the net 






6 comments:

  1. Excellent mate, really nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liken' those whitewalls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very 1930s/40s aren`t they :) As I said in the text the couple of images thrown up by Google had whitewall tires, so I went with them - something a little different.

      Delete
  3. This is nice. I have a big laffly to use for the French army but the problem of signing GBM is that it doesnt let you. It seems that these big ones were only used by the aviation, so Im thinking to use it for my German 21PD in Normandy. Your solution for French 1940 is the right one and ill try to copy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wasn`t even thinking about the French military, although it could be pressed into service I suppose :) I do have a small collection of civilian vehicles as street furniture/scatter terrain. I do have a plan to model a French provincial garage, I have all the bits, but am awaiting the impulse :) The other two of these trucks you sent me are now at the undercoat stage.

      Delete