Saturday 1 October 2022

Sherman Dozer

 Sherman Dozer 

I`m not your regular WW2 gamer (as you may have guessed). So I don`t do Normandy or Arnhem, those campaigns just don`t grab my attention, but the bloody fighting along the West Wall in the Autumn and Winter of 1944 and into 1945 have always struck me as fruitful ground for tabletop battles, the lack of Allied air support due to the poor weather and the shear variety of German forces pitted against the advancing US forces has given me hours of tabletop action.

I`m planning a biggish West Wall bash with a mainly infantry US force supported by the usual armour, artillery and maybe airpower (weather permitting) trying to break through a bunker line.

One vehicle I needed was a Sherman Dozer, so I bought this one from Raventhorpe`s Ready to Roll line, the tank body and dozer blade come as a one-piece resin casting and you only have to glue the gun mantlet and turret hatch in place to complete your model - just so simple.

A little cleaning, some pin holes to fill and then undercoat and paint - done dusted, ready to play.







2 comments:

  1. OOOHH... I do like your arid landscape photoshots!! Sure you aren't planning to use this one in Italy or Sicily (not that I know they ever got used there! Its just the look you achieved.) More Raventhorpe too! Did you take a stash of Raventhorpe / Ready to Roll AFVs to Spain? Looks great. Carl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered a couple of "missing" bits off my orbats, sent to Wales and Alex brought them out in September.

    ReplyDelete