Saturday 1 October 2022

Yet another Sherman

 Sherman Conversion

Bill Krieg was kind enough to send me yet another care package back in August, but the weather was so damned hot I couldn`t think of venturing into the cellar and we have various visitors plus two weddings to attend back in the UK and that trip to Belgium..... But now the weather has cooled somewhat and I now have a little time, so back to the grind.

This model started off looking like this, except a bit more knocked about and missing one set of wheels - I forgot to take a before shot of the original - D`oh!!.


Now i have no NWE Poles and in fact only own three British tanks for NWE also and one of them is a Firefly, so I decided to roughly convert it into yet another M4(75) for my Yanks/Free French.

I was lucky and found a complete bogie wheel set in the spares box, I cut down the 17pdr barrel, removed the box/counter weight, then added various stowage. A quick paint job and she now looks like this:



  


4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I’ve got about 30 of these die cast Shermans bought as a toy store was going out of business. Work great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, a very easy conversion as the counter weight/turret box was plastic (I didn`t know this when I started), so was easily removed with a razor saw :) The 17pdr barrel is also plastic, so simple to snip - virtually job done :)

      Delete
  2. Not often the diecast gets "retro" fitted to another or earlier version. I like it. Well done. Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don`t do NWE Brits, I didn`t need yet another Sherman, but seemed a shame not to give it a make-over

      Delete