Saturday 14 February 2015

Scenarios & writing

I write a lot, since I started editing The Journal I`ve written pretty constantly including reviews, articles and wargames scenarios.

Recently I`ve found the move toward "rule specific" articles (or adverticles) in wargames publications have limited the publication possibilities for my stuff in the glossies. In fact one editor told me, my stuff was too historical and dry for a wargames magazine?? Obviously with The Journal not being so tied to commercial rules (and I was the editor) I still continued to write stuff for it, but of course only the membership got to read those pieces.

I have now decided to self-publish the tabletop scenarios here on this blog, feel free to give them a go and let me know what you think.   

Unlike the scenarios/games I post, some of these have never been played in anger on tabletop and are outside the scope of my usual wargaming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment