Saturday 3 February 2018

The Guild - RIP!

The Guild - RIP!

Well this week we have seen a huge, sad loss to our hobby - The Guild forum has had a catastrophic failure and died! 😞
From what I can gather their sever was hit with a massive hack which has killed the site and any back-ups, the whole thing seems gone and not recoverable - very, very sad.

The Guild for me was one of the few wargames related forum I visited on a daily basis, stocked full of knowledgeable and helpful guys and filled with images from some of the finest painters and modellers. It got me in touch with people who I would never have met and I learned a great deal about both history and modelling/painting and wargaming.

It will be sadly missed :(     

3 comments:

  1. It really is a shame that it has gone.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad news indeed. Also, I cannot find the Society of Gentlemen Gamers any more - they moved to Facebook but sadly one cannot see their postings unless joining the FB group. Both website were great sources of information and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, SOGGs died ages back, I only recently joined the FB page as i only just found out about it........

    ReplyDelete